Thursday, December 2, 2010

Early December Music

SO its another month, and I have not really updated this thing in a little while . I need to whip up what I am listening to right at this very moment. Well, maybe not right this moment, but you get the point. So first, I am loving the new (and first) song by D.R.U.G.S. The new band with ex-Chiodos member Craig Owens. Craig was left (or kicked out of) Chiodos last year for reasons unknown. It was thought he was going to stop making music (all that drama these new bands like to make...), but no he started this band. This band consists of members from other post-hardcore mid-popularity bands, so its a fairly talented band. The first song is called "If you think so is about you, it probably is". It is a very dynamic song, going from soft to loud throughout. I think it is the perfect Owens song, it shows off his versatility. His crooning vocals and screaming mix in quite nicely. Check it Out.



I am also loving the new Patrick Stump Song, Spotlight.. there are two versions out, and I love both, but the one below is the slower version. Patrick Stump is such an interesting figure. His vocals I believe are very interesting, he has a very strong voice on record, and is very different for a pop punk band. I believe his vocals and music are more pop, but his style and lyrics are more punk and emo. Its interesting. I like his work, and this solo album of his that is coming out, is going to be very strong I believe.



I am also loving the new Neon Trees single "1983". For some reason I love songs that have years in their names... 1979, 1985, etc etc... maybe its the sense of rememberence. No clue. Anyways, its another very good song by a heavily electronic/rock band.



Some other thoughts for the next bit on music and more. Nicki Minaji is much bigger than I thought she would be. Her verse on Kanye's Monster is insanely good, but thats the extent I like of her so far, we shall see. My Chemical Romances new album turned out to be amazing as expected. Not a big fan of the new Black Eyed Peas, too similar to The E.N.D. Boring.. Will.I.Am needs to pick things up, they are falling behind. .. Apparantly according to NASA Aliens may exist and may run off of Arsenic.. interesting, changes our views on life forms and how they can form.. maybe DNA is not the only building block.

In project news. I hope the video interviews finish soon, the shooting is done, editing done these next few weeks. Mix and mash is in the thoughts process. Documentaries are being watched. Here we go.

And to finish this off.. everyone loves oldschool rap.

No comments:

Post a Comment